Thursday, September 17, 2009

Felt Is Not My Forte


Good thing Little Bird won't notice, or care about, my wonky seams. 
Sewing felt is proving difficult for me - it's very slickery and bunchy...and fuzzy when seam-ripping.  And what's more difficult to sew on than felt?  Vinyl.  I need a 3 1/2" square of vinyl for his book and I only need to sew on three sides of the square and yet, no luck.  I'm going to have to go to JoAnns and ask for some advice on what to do...

As for me?  Well, my whoppy-jod seams bug me a little, but I'm trying to remember this is my first project on my first machine.  Otherwise I love the Brother so far.  It's super easy to thread (yea!) and I was up until almost midnight last night playing around with it. 



Almost time for Little Bird's nap...since I have to put the quiet book on hold momentarily until I solve the vinyl mystery, I need a very simple project to practice with.  I found this tutorial online and I actually have all the materials in the house, ready to go!  Time to give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment