Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Hardest Part


I've discovered the hardest part of sewing:  choosing which pattern to start with. 
There are so many great patterns and tutorials out there, I've had a hard time deciding where to begin. I finally realized that I just need to make a decision.  All those other patterns will still be there when I'm finished, waiting for me to give them a chance, too.



I've started on something for Little Bird - a "quiet book".  A quiet book is a little book made of felt.  The content of its pages can be anything you can imagine - shapes, colors, numbers, simple vocabulary words and pictures - anything.  I bought the pattern from Too Cute! Creations on Etsy; the listing I purchased was a three-pattern bundle (add to my to-do list to come up with a quiet book of my own; I think I could do it...)  Now that I'm almost done with it, I have to admit it's more embroidery than sewing, as I'll only be using a machine at the very end to sew all of the pages together, book-style.  But it was fun nonetheless, and Little Bird will have something fun to read that Mommy made for him when he was just a little peep!

No comments:

Post a Comment